So ready or not we’ve come to a new year. 2014 is gone and personally I say good riddance, but that’s just me. 2015 has arrived no matter whether you’re happy to see it go or not. So with it comes my time to write down a few goals that I have for the upcoming year. As usual I’ll give an update in the middle of the year and at the end of the year to see how I’ve been doing.
I’ve enjoyed doing this the last couple of years and honestly writing them down and coming back to them over the year has really helped keep them in mind and overall with a few exceptions I’ve been able to keep my goals the last couple years. So anyhow, let’s get on to the goals I have for the upcoming year.
1. Make 1 New Local Friend – I know the last couple years I’ve been talking about how we want to get more connected to our community and to be honest it just always seemed like such a vague goal and it never really formed into much. So my goal is to make one new local friend. Like a real friend, not a we see and chat with them at church or work friend. A friend that you get together with just because you enjoy their company kind of friend. This may be a tall order for the year, but I’m really hoping this goal will come to pass.
2. Continue Paying Down Loans – The last couple of years we’ve had a target loan that we hoped to knock out by the end of the year. The loans we have left now are all too big to realistically knock them out by the end of the year, but we hope to continue our paying more than the minimum approach and reduce our debt by a decent amount.
3. Paint Anastasia’s Room and Our Room – Last year we had a goal to paint one of the rooms of our new house, which we did finally wind up accomplishing. However, this year I want to try to get Anastasia’s room painted and our bedroom painted. Kids will be older this year so I’m hoping that two rooms will be doable.
4. Improve Photography – Last year I had the very noble and very silly idea of trying to take a picture each day, this didn’t last very long before I missed a few days and never really got back into it. This year I’m going to try something a bit different. I’m going to try to do a different theme for each week over the next year. I’m hoping to post at least one of the pictures for each of the themes on my blog and maybe even more if I have a lot of inspiration for the week.
5. Read 15 Books – Last year I made a goal of reading one book a month or 12 books over the year. I wound up reading just twelve books, so I’m hoping that by upping my expectations I’ll be able to read a few more over 2015.
6. Potty Train Anastasia – This one is a hope that may not be realized, but it is a goal I would like to achieve by the end of 2015. To get Anastasia potty trained and out of diapers would be a very nice thing to accomplish. This requires cooperation from a certain little girl so it is uncertain if this will come to pass this year or not. We can always hope though.
7. Assorted Home Goals – When we bought a house last year it kind of came with a hot tub. We still haven’t worked on getting that up and running yet. So we would like to try to do that during 2015. We’re also hoping to buy Ryan a larger bed because he is unfortunately on his way to growing out of his toddler bed.
I think that’s about all the goals I’ve got in mind as of now. We’ll see if I can achieve most of these again this year. I guess we’ll have to wait until further into 2015 to see how that turns out. Do you have any goals for the new year?